Brexit: The Grand Illusion

First of all, kudos to the common people of Britain for voting to leave the European Union.  Their decision to leave the social experiment of one-world government will be worth the effort, if it truly succeeds.

I write “if” for the simple reason that despite the decision to secede, the vote was not overwhelming (52%), the main centers of London and Oxford wanted to “remain” locked in the jaws of centralized governing, and Parliament itself will take “years” to undo all the damage of the past 30 to fully extricate the Brits from the decisions that have crippled her.

Two more factors contribute to the “if” statement, the first of all being money and the other being immigration.

David Cameron and the rest of the political aristocrats thought that money and commerce were what was most important to staying within the EU.

He, like others around the world, seemed more interested in buying, selling, and trading than safeguarding his nation’s sovereignty and identity.

It is one thing to market your wares; it is something wholly other to sell your soul in the process, especially when a country has such porous borders that it cannot keep illegal aliens from coming in and raping the land, the economy, and especially its people.

That is where the second factor behind this “exit” came into play.  The people of Britain told its leadership that immigration was the main factor for leaving the EU.

Britain, like western Europe and the western hemisphere, is inundated with illegal aliens, refugees, and Islamic jihadists, all of which are intent on destroying it from within.

Unfortunately, idiots like David Cameron, Angela Merkel, and Barak Obama, et al, are so brainwashed by their leftist ideologies rooted in relativist thought that they would not know an illegal alien if one showed up on their doorsteps and confessed to be as much.

What they see are opportunities to continue lording it over the average, everyday, law-abiding citizen, except they are doing it through tyrannical means.

They, in other words, are as lawless as those they are protecting by offering them safe havens.

Where all of this becomes a grand illusion is, that while Cameron has stepped down from his post as Prime Minister, the reality of just how big of a monstrosity was created by joining the EU in the first place.

Although 52% of the people have spoken, the remaining 48% chose to remain, including all of the aforementioned.  Scotland chose to remain, as well.

It will take an extreme amount of persistence and courage for this vote to see its fulfillment.  Most people have neither.

What it will also require is repentance on the part of the Brits, because for years it has been walking in spiritual darkness, much like the EU has been.

One factor of a biblical reality, that overshadows all of the commotion, is that BritainOld Roman Empire was once a part of the Old Roman Empire.

The Old Roman Empire is predicted to rise, once again, and be the controlling mechanism for world domination by the anti-Christ (Dan. 7:23-ff.; 9:26-27; Rev. 13).

Certainly, the devil does not appreciate what the average British citizen has done to temporarily thwart future plans by him and his two cohorts that make up the diabolical “trinity” to rule the world.

So, you may rest assure that he in his cunning will release his fury upon Britain, perhaps causing her to take devious and desperate measures to return to the EU.

Could buying, trading, and selling be totally cut off unless she complies with certain demands?

People tend to change their minds in a hurry when they are really, really hungry.

Time will tell.  For now, though, Britain, Europe, and the world have felt the shock waves of rebelling against the globalist establishment.

A temporary reprieve has been granted.  But, darker days are ahead for the living, regardless of where you might be in the world.

Jesus’ words to “be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming” are apropos.

With Britain’s secession, it just might be good to take them seriously.

About the Author


President, Christian Apologetics Project
PhD Candidate, Northwest University (2018)
MA Apologetics w/ Honors, BIOLA University (2005)
ThM, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (2003)
MDiv, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (2000)
BA Pastoral Ministry & Bible, Baptist Bible College (1992)

Be the first to comment on "Brexit: The Grand Illusion"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.